Sunday, December 10, 2006

ill kid

always hope that i'd be a lil stronger, but i'm falling sick again... =( All this started off so suddenly after I had myself a good 2 hours of playing badminton before jumping into the pool half an hour later and then I pandai-pandai finished up an extraordinary spicy nasi goreng kampung, cause I was too hungry... As you could imagine, the agony i then suffered was of course the burning throat and also shivering all through the night. -_-

On and off feeling feverish for a good 2 days. One day of which I got to help out for an event for my part-time job, plus the rainy day, all these just worsen my sickness. The next morning, I was totally engulfed by the cold and my Mom are having a sore eye sight seeing me coughing and walking around like a live vampire, so she drove me to see the doctor, which I didn't feel like going before that.


The family doctor of mine is the kind of detailed and patient person, which is good but meaning SLOW... for times when I got sick, I'd rather go to see other doctor instead of waiting to see him 'Tortoise Doctor' which always feel like taking ages. But today, I have the time or I shall say my Mom had the time as she chose to drop me to see the tortoise doctor.


47 was the number I got when the nurse said the doctor was consulting the patient number 42, hmm... not too bad la, only 5 more to wait and the nurse asked us to come back in 30 minutes. Well, I took the 30 minutes to have breakfast and then, went back there to wait for ANOTHER 45 MINUTES for my turn, all in all we've been waiting for more than an hour there. To my surprise, this clinic has no magazine, except the medical brochures, and so the time was even more dragging, every second was crawling by so so slowly.

Mom was very impatient as usual, keep going to counter to check out and then came back there sitting opposite of me, nagging as usual that I shall come myself la, why so slow la... etc. BUT STILL she was there with me, accompanied me. As she knew, I'd rather stay sick and not going to see doctor if I were to go alone. =p

Taking a glimspe at the old folks and her daughter sitting next to me, it seemed as if I were looking at my Mom and myself, the older us, the future us. Speechlessly for that moment, I was so touched and a surge of sorry arose from the gut to my eyes. For so long I didn't stay and look at my Mom thoroughly, out of sudden I felt that she grew older with crinkler face and whiter hair after months that I didn't see her. I saw the tiredness in her eyes that I never tend to understand. I always ask for more, but never really think of what I shall give her back instead. Since long ago, I have been clinging on the incomprehension she had on me but neither will I try to understand her a little better..... I'm stupid. ='(

In time of chaos and apprehension, you will then realise: when you look at things you do not have in life, you don't have anything; but when you look at things you have, you have everything. =) I will get well soon...

No comments: